DeltaTrak, Inc. is an industry leader in cold chain management solutions, environmental monitoring instruments and food safety products. DeltaTrak delivers our strategic partners in the food and food service industries, as well as life sciences, chemical, and aerospace industries the ability to track and trace their assets through the entire life cycle. Our industry reputation for cutting edge innovative solutions are in such high demand that DeltaTrak is expanding our marketing and sales force to meet the needs of our customers.
This position is responsible for achieving new business sales from new customers and growing revenues from existing customers to achieve assigned revenue objectives in a territory.
Our solutions track temperature sensitive life science products through all stages of the cold chain from packaging and transportation to the warehouse and on to the consumer. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) shall call on manufacturers of biologics, prescription pharmaceutical drugs, clinical trial materials, over-the-counter drugs, and other life science product manufacturers and suppliers.
The RSM shall be proficient in representing our comprehensive solutions that address the critical needs of life sciences companies at every step in the global supply chain. We help ensure temperature requirements are maintained without interruptions and protect the manufacturer’s valuable brand integrity. The RSM shall use their current sales knowledge and skills in the execution of their plan and keep sales management informed of progress against plan.
- Effectively execute a sales territory plan to achieve assigned revenue goals;
- Use current sales knowledge and skills in the execution of the sales territory plan;
- Keep management informed of RSM’s progress against plan;
- Establish and grow Pipeline forecasts;
- Effectively use company CRM to record all contacts and interactions with customers;
- Follow company procedures in providing quotes and sales orders;
- Effectively sell and demonstrate company products and solutions;
- Obtain and report competitor information, such as new products, pricing, and sales strategies during the process of sales generation;
- Provide updated information for product applications and suggest improvements to existing product line based on information obtained from customer’s application needs;
- Perform national account management sales activities with assigned customers;
- Consistently maintain self-improvement and education on industry trends and applications by regularly reading trade journals and e-mails;
- Actively use company selected trade events to sell the company’s products, obtain sales leads via contact with potential customers;
- Other activities assigned as needed to the help achieve the company’s sales goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required for this position.
Education & Experience Requirement
- BA or BS in Business, Science or similar discipline
- 5+ years in a sales role
- Previous experience in a sales position with the following types of companies:
- Laboratory equipment, systems or systems software sales
- Biotech and pharmaceutical manufacturers;
- CRO (contract research organization);
- Clinical trial materials manufacturer/operator;
- Other life science product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Previous sales skills including:
- Qualifying customer needs and opportunities;
- Advanced listening skills;
- Effectively overcoming objections;
- Effectively closing orders and opportunities;
- Engaging story telling skills to explain complex value propositions;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience in negotiating with mid to large companies within Life Sciences and Chemical Industries;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professional integrity and confidentiality;
- Demonstrable ability to work and thrive in a fast-moving environment;
- Disciplined self-starter ability to work alone and potentially remotely;
- Presentation skills in groups;
- Proficient in creating effective territory sales plans;
- Self-monitoring progress and use of KPI’s when reporting to management;
- Exceptional computer skills with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CRM;
- Travel Requirements:
- Travel up to 60% of the time based on geographic territory and business requirements;
- Must be able to rent automobiles within the defined territory;
- Current Driver’s License and proof of insurance;
DeltaTrak, Inc. offers a competitive base salary, plus commission and full benefit package (including medical, dental, vision and 401K), and personal time off (PTO). Travel to customer site or trade shows required. Please visit our website at www.deltatrak.com for more information on our products and services